Below are links to other websites to help you discover which group you might need. Click on the program you are interested in and ask yourself the 20 questions to determine if you may need to join the program.
DISCLAIMER: We do not recommend contacting the treatment facilities in these links — we are not affiliated with them in any manner and are only using them for the 20 Questions.
The 12 Steps to Recovery
Here at Alano Club BC, we believe that there are 12 essential steps to recovery from any addiction.
- Admit that we are powerless over our addiction — that our lives have become unmanageable.
- Come to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
- Make a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understand Him.
- Make a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
- Admit to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
- Be entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
- Humbly ask Him to remove our short-comings.
- Make a list of all the persons we have harmed, and become willing to make amends to them all.
- Make direct amends to them all.
- Continue to take personal inventory and admit when we are wrong.
- Seek through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understand Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.
- Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we try to carry this message to other addicts, and to practice these principles in all of our affairs.