The Alano Club of Battle CreekOur Mission: Saving lives, restoring families, and strengthening our community through addiction recovery programs, events and educational services.
We value courtesy, respect, honesty and integrity and a collaboration of community partners. Our recovery center is a healthy and safe place for addiction recovery to take place for individuals and families.
For more than three decades, The Alano Club of Battle Creek has been the center and the sanctuary for addiction recovery in greater Battle Creek (Calhoun County), Michigan. During that time, we have served literally thousands of individuals, many of whom are today living productive lives of sobriety.
The Alano Club is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization with an all-volunteer board of directors, dedicated to open access and public service for all. Up to 875 area residents attend meetings at the Alano Club facility each week – 7 days a week, 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Our club is a healthy and safe place of respite and recovery for those dealing with their downward spiral of addiction.
Benefits to the Community
Recovery from addiction is a lifelong process that requires active participation in a 12-step or similar program. The Alano Club provides a home to a wide range of volunteer-based recovery programs. These include Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous, Alanon / AlaTeen (for family members), Gamblers Anonymous and related efforts.
Key benefits to the community include:
- Outreach: With our new Community Recovery Center, we now provide more services for those in need, up to 30,000 additional participants each year, including those in underserved populations.
- Cost: The 12-step recovery program is a highly cost-effective alternative to in-patient addiction recovery programs. Our new facility is entirely self-sustaining and consistent with 12-step traditions. Community donors also help us through funding of some programs and activities outside of actual meetings.
- Business: Recovery programs help employers by reducing absenteeism and healthcare costs associated with employee illness related to addiction.
- Family: We believe that helping family members of alcoholics and addicts is key to minimizing the negative affects of substance abuse, especially on children. Through related activities and support, The Alano Club’s new Community Recovery Center helps family members understand the disease and aid in the recovery process.
- Early Intervention: By reaching teens with substance abuse issues, we help prevent lifelong addiction.
- Crime: Reducing addiction directly lowers many instances of crime, as well as serious auto accidents. Nearly 80% of all crimes in Calhoun County are related to drug or alcohol abuse in some way.
- Healthcare Cost Reduction: Addiction recovery reduces emergency room visits and treatment expenses.